Our Favorite Restaurants in the Smith Mountain Lake Area
2. Jake’s Place, 1041 Harbour Inn Lane, Moneta,540-297-4732. jakesplacesml.com. Caribbean-themed waterfront dining; brick oven pizza, sandwiches, entrees; full bar with craft beer. Channel Marker: R28.
4. Moosie’s Restaurant, 16430 Booker T. Washington Hwy., Suite 16, Moneta,540-721-5255. bridgewaterplaza.com. Burgers, salads, ribs and a broad selection of sandwiches in a casual setting; full bar. Channel Marker: R28.
5. Sunken City Brewing Company, 40 Brewery Drive, Hardy, 540-420-0476. sunkencitybeer.com. Snack foods in the tasting room of SML’s only craft brewery; occasional food vendors and trucks on site and live entertainment.
6. Drifter’s, 1617 Crystal Shores Drive, Moneta,540-297-0055. holleratwaller.com. Waterfront tropical grill and bar serving a variety of fare from steak to seafood; full bar. Live music most weekends in season. Channel Marker: R27.
7. Napoli Cowboy,6674 Burnt Chimney Rd., Wirtz, Va 540-238-2142 .napolicowboycom. American cuisine in a family-friendly atmosphere. Wood-fired pizza, barbecue, award-winning ribs, burgers. Breakfast on Saturday.
9. Mitchell’s Restaurant, 3553 Trading Post Road, Huddleston,540-296-0664, mitchellspoint.com. Casual marina eatery serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Outdoor patio and tiki bar. Channel Marker: C3.
10. The Blackwater Cafe, 4730 Scruggs Road, Moneta,540-721-4333. theblackwatercafe.com. Upscale cuisine served in a casual, lodge-like atmosphere; appetizers, salads, steaks, seafood and more; full bar.